That's right! TorqueBox 1.0.0.Beta21 has been released.
The development for this release started mid-March of this year. It represents a lot more work than just marginal changes over 1.0.0.Beta20.
A lot of focus of this release centered around messaging (tasks and processors) and how we package up our various Ruby integrations.
You'll need to adjust some for the new async task and message processor stuff, but you'll gain the ability to run processors outside of the actual TorqueBox AS. This enables easy, lightweight farms of ruby workers fed through HornetQ.
Improvements to our Rack integration layer has made it even more compliant.
TorqueBox is now based around JRuby 1.5.2, which includes fixes for a few memory and file-descriptor leaks. Our integration with JBoss VFS has continued to improve.
Many bugs were squashed during this release.
This is what JIRA thinks we've accomplished:
- [TORQUE-63] - After bind JBoss to another IP instead of 127.0.0.1 queues are not working
- [TORQUE-86] - Unit tests in containers/messaging fail because they can't create /hornetq/bindings
- [TORQUE-88] - Need to make the torquebox rails template available somewhere.
- [TORQUE-92] - Request Scheme Not Set For Rack Apps
- [TORQUE-93] - __FILE__ Location of config.ru Incorrect For Rack Apps
- [TORQUE-95] - Create a simple scaffold app and it fails to find the sqlite3 database file
- [TORQUE-97] - Tasks that access a model asynchronous to a request get a nil.include error with create_time_zone_conversion_attribute
- [TORQUE-100] - File.readable? doesn't work for vfs: urls
- [TORQUE-103] - Rack Apps Not Deploying
- [TORQUE-105] - IO.read(...) fails in some circumstances
- [TORQUE-106] - POST's to a rails app will occasionally fail (500 response)
- [TORQUE-107] - Scheduled Jobs Not Reloading app/jobs/* or app/models/* in Development Mode
- [TORQUE-109] - File.file? breaks for vfs files with more than one # in their name
- [TORQUE-111] - FileUtils.chmod Doesn't Understand VFS Paths
- [TORQUE-87] - Expose bind address as an option to server:run rake task
- [TORQUE-101] - Make app/tasks automatically reloadable when in development mode
- [TORQUE-104] - Allow Setting Environment Variables Via Deployment Descriptors
- [TORQUE-16] - Enable pooling configuration for SOAP endpoint handling (pooling.yml)
- [TORQUE-30] - Break the generic torquebox rake tasks out of torquebox-rails
- [TORQUE-65] - Add support for JBoss AS 6 for torquebox-deployer
- [TORQUE-69] - Create unified Javadoc for Java end of things
- [TORQUE-82] - Provide solution for the removed app/tasks/** stuff (or reimplement)
- [TORQUE-89] - When installing gems into the distribution, ensure rdoc and ri are created
- [TORQUE-90] - HEADification of the JRuby plugins
- [TORQUE-96] - Float TorqueBox to AS 6m4
- [TORQUE-98] - Update to JRuby 1.5.2 when released
- [TORQUE-102] - Create TorqueBox gems that only require a single require(...) statement to load
- [TORQUE-108] - Wire up end-to-end integration tests