The entire TorqueBox team is proud to announce the immediate availability of TorqueBox v2.0.0.cr1.
- Download TorqueBox 2.0.0.cr1 (ZIP)
- Browse HTML manual
- Browse JavaDocs
- Browse Gem RDocs
- Download PDF manual
- Download ePub manual
What is TorqueBox?
TorqueBox is a Ruby application server built on JBoss AS7 and JRuby. In addition to being one of the fastest Ruby servers around, it supports Rack-based web frameworks, and provides simple Ruby interfaces to standard JavaEE services, including scheduled jobs, caching, messaging, and services.
What's special about 2.0.0?
This is the first candidate-release (see below) for our 2.0.0 version, which is a major upgrade over the 1.x you may already be familiar with. Notable inclusions in 2.0.0 include:
- JRuby 1.6.7 (with better Ruby 1.9 support)
- JBoss AS7 (faster boot time, smaller memory footprint)
- Multi-resource distributed XA transactions
We'd love it if you give our CR1 release a whirl and report any issues you find in JIRA.
CR1 means this is our first Candidate Release for the 2.0.0 version. It is of a quality that we're comfortable thinking it just might be our 2.0.0 release. But this is your opportunity to find any last-minute show-stopper bugs before we apply the final stamp of approval. Things will roll quickly from here out, we hope.
What's in the tin?
Mostly we focused on bugfixes, but a few features did slip in before we closed the CR pipeline.
- A new
clojureencoding for messaging to allow even better interop with Immutant message publishers and processors.
- Easier to pass options to JBoss/JVM from the
- Better DataMapper support with messaging-related features.
torquebox_init.rbfor arbitrary initialization code.
Issues resolved since beta3
- [TORQUE-585] - ERROR: Can't get clustered cache; falling back to local: undefined method `transaction' for #<Java::OrgInfinispanConfig::Configuration:0x5bdd2dcd>
- [TORQUE-648] - Poor error message when active_record_store is used instead of torque_box_store
- [TORQUE-672] - torquebox deploy doesn't set default environment
- [TORQUE-683] - Stomplets fails sometimes during setup
- [TORQUE-685] - Occasionally unable to deploy app due to LifecycleException - null classloader
- [TORQUE-686] - Rename the "filter" option to "selector" to be more consistent, both internally and with JMS
- [TORQUE-687] - AnnotationIndexProcessor runs unnecessarily on app root
- [TORQUE-691] - Documentation for Message Destination Constructor Options Incorrect
- [TORQUE-699] - Deploying two applications in clustered mode fails.
- [TORQUE-700] - Messaging needs to handle DataMapper specially for Marshal.dump and Marshal.load
- [TORQUE-703] - bin/torquebox fails with a stack trace if rails is not installed
- [TORQUE-704] - `bin/torquebox rails` does not work with rails < 3.0
- [TORQUE-707] - The runtime initialization inheritance chain won't properly initialize bare apps
- [TORQUE-710] - TorqueBox does not deploy web runtimes for Rails 2.x applications shimmed with bundler unless a config.ru file exists
- [TORQUE-711] - The web: section in torquebox.yml requires a context: but shouldn't
- [TORQUE-717] - XAResource generating many warning messages for non-clustered apps
- [TORQUE-721] - Injection doesn't work properly in a padrino app
- [TORQUE-705] - Docs for Ruby Web Frameworks (Section 4.6) should be updated to include `torquebox rails`
- [TORQUE-708] - Allow for a torquebox-init.rb and/or a block in torquebox.rb for users to provide runtime initialization code
- [TORQUE-718] - bin/torquebox deploy should remove .failed deployment markers for the app being deployed
- [TORQUE-719] - Add bin/torquebox list to show apps currently deployed and their status (deployed, failed, waiting to be deployed).
- [TORQUE-698] - Do a better job with rack app runtime load paths
- [TORQUE-702] - session-timeout is not honored
- [TORQUE-709] - Support Publishing Messages to Remote HornetQ Servers Requiring Authentication
- [TORQUE-712] - Support passing through options to JBoss when using torque box run command
- [TORQUE-714] - Make It Easy to Pass JVM Parameters to TorqueBox via torquebox run
- [TORQUE-722] - Provide a :clojure message codec