We're as happy as kids around a maypole on May Day to announce the immediate availability of TorqueBox v2.0.2. This release brings JRuby 1.7 compatibility, fixes for distributed transactions on Oracle, several other minor bug fixes, and some changes and additions to our documentation - including oft-requested explanations about how logging works, thanks to jcrossley3.
- Download TorqueBox 2.0.2 (ZIP)
- Browse HTML manual
- Browse JavaDocs
- Browse Gem RDocs
- Download PDF manual
- Download ePub manual
What is TorqueBox?
TorqueBox is a Ruby application server built on JBoss AS7 and JRuby. In addition to being one of the fastest Ruby servers around, it supports Rack-based web frameworks, and provides simple Ruby interfaces to standard JavaEE services, including scheduled jobs, caching, messaging, and services.
JRuby 1.7 Compatibility
We've tested TorqueBox with recent builds of JRuby's master branch to ensure it is compatible with the upcoming 1.7 release. Note that we're still bundling JRuby 1.6.7 and building TorqueBox against JRuby 1.6.7 so you'll need to bring your own JRuby 1.7. You'll also see a warning logged like "WARNING: TorqueBox was built and tested with JRuby 1.6.7 and you are running JRuby 1.7.0.dev". Once JRuby 1.7 is released we should be able to remove that warning.
Updates on the Release Process and Versions
The 2.0.x TorqueBox releases will be bugfixes only from this point forward, while we'll continue adding new features to what will become 2.1.0. The goal is to ensure maximum stability of all future 2.0.x releases while not hindering new feature requests and development.
Don't be a stranger!
As always, if you have any questions about or issues with TorqueBox, please get in touch.
Issues resolved since 2.0.1
- [TORQUE-567] - Get XA transactions working on Oracle
- [TORQUE-570] - Occasional deployment failures when redeploying app
- [TORQUE-753] - Integrate rack-webconsole or something like it with BackStage
- [TORQUE-762] - oracle_enhanced errors with No suitable driver found for jdbc:oracle:thin
- [TORQUE-775] - Make TorqueBox Compatible with JRuby 1.7
- [TORQUE-777] - Document How to Connect VisualVM to a Remote TorqueBox
- [TORQUE-778] - Document New Relic integration
- [TORQUE-780] - Newrelic Doesn't work on 2.0.0 or 2.0.1
- [TORQUE-781] - Don't Assume Every ActiveRecord User is Using ActiveRecord-JDBC
- [TORQUE-783] - Clustering Without Multicast Docs Should Show ModCluster Example
- [TORQUE-784] - HornetQ fails to cluster on some platforms
- [TORQUE-787] - Some bug in STOMP makes it use all CPU resource
- [TORQUE-792] - Torquebox not passing HTTP OPTIONS requests through to our app
- [TORQUE-794] - Allow to check if curent Ruby runtime is a web context, a message processor or a service.